John W. Uribe, M.D.
|John W. Uribe, M.D.
Dr. John Uribe is a dual Board-certified orthopedic surgeon at Doctors Hospital in Coral Gables, Florida, specializing in sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery and minimally invasive surgical procedures for degenerative conditions of the knee and shoulder. He has recently been appointed chairman of the Department of Orthopedics for the Florida International University School of Medicine. Dr. Uribe is also a courtesy professor in the Department of Athletic Training in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Florida International University. Dr. Uribe formerly served as an adjunct professor in the Department of Exercise & Sports Sciences at the University of Miami.
He is a founding member of the UHZ Sports Medicine Institute. Dr. Uribe came to Miami from the U.S. Army, where he served as lieutenant colonel and chief of orthopedics at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu. His research interests include minimally invasive resurfacing techniques of the knee and shoulder, as well as ligament and tendon restoration.
In addition to the Florida Panthers hockey team, Dr. Uribe has been the team physician for the Miami Dolphins and the Florida Marlins. He is a member of multiple professional organizations and societies. He is well-published and lectures extensively in the U.S. and abroad.
Dr. Uribe has been chosen as one of the "Best Doctors in America" annually since 2001.
Orthopedics / Sports Medicine
Subspecialty Board Certification
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of Miami School of Medicine
Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Fl. - Orthopedic Surgery
- Hughston Clinic – Orthopedic Surgery
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine
- American Orthopedic Association
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Society of Military Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Hughston Sports Medicine Society
- Florida Orthopedic Society
- Pan Pacific Orthopedic Society
- Southern Orthopedic Association
- Miami Orthopedic Society
- Academic Orthopedic Society
- ACL Study Group
- Rotator cuff repair / Cartilage repair
Click here to request an appointment with John W. Uribe, M.D.